Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hiking Review...Eagle Rock, Malibu

Hmm...My blog is acting up, I will have to add pics later:)

Highlights: Ocean view/Eagle Rock

Scenery: Ocean view if you hike the fire road/Meadow view if you take the Musch trail hike

Hike Time: 3.5 hours
Difficulty: Moderate/Musch trail consists of a lot of uphill hiking
Rating: 5 Stars


________________________________________
Summary: Eagle Rock was a hidden surprise to me. The review I read before heading it out only gave it 3 stars out of 5 so I didn’t have very high hopes, I just wanted to go on a new hike. I decided to take the Musch trail up because other reviewers gave it high reviews. Unfortunately, this was the part of the hike I was most unimpressed with. Though it did give me a good workout with lots of uphill hiking, the views were mediocre of rolling hills and meadows, I guess it was peaceful. The trail wasn’t marked twice so I just a lucky guess which path to take. Eagle Rock was amazing though, imagine a large rock jutting into the sky where you can climb and explore and sunbathe and enjoy the ocean view. On the way back I took the fire road, which I actually enjoyed better (and I do not like fire road hikes), the whole way back I just enjoyed the Malibu/Santa Monica oceanview.

Trailhead: From Topanga Canyon Boulevard, turn east on Entrada Road; that's to the left if you are coming from the San Fernando Valley. Follow Entrada Road by turning left at every opportunity until you arrive at Topanga State Park. The trailhead is at the end of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment